
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Junior SJ Sharks!
I've gone and done something amazing! Today I went to Big 5 in search of a soccer goal so the kids could practice kicking into something besides the side of the house. I picked up a tee ball set where the ball is attached to the plate so when its hit it can't go more than 30ft before bouncing back. I also picked up a $30 pop-up goal given two options.. that one or the expensive hockey goal for twice the price. We are kinda strapped for cash right now so I went ahead and bought the cheaper one.. I don't like investing in something that will only collect dust in the garage. I came home and Tyler wasn't happy.. he wanted "...the hockey goal!" -He had come with me when we made the purchase. After much deliberation I went back to the store and returned the cheaper pop-up goal for the hockey goal that can double as a soccer goal. It also folds up for storage. Since it was a hockey goal I decided since I'm also spending money that hey.. why not spend even more! I went over to the hockey section and picked up the goal and two junior hockey starter sets complete with stick, ball, and puck for street hockey. I came home and, to my surprise, my two boys greeted me with stars in their eyes. We played in our drive-way for 2 hours straight.. with threats of rain the entire time. Sam got dinged a couple times.. but even Ben and I love playing! I told him I was done shopping -he was going to have to go back and get sticks for us since he kept stealing Jonah's and Tyler kept letting me play (yes, I had to beg.. ). Yay for us!! A new family sport!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


well.. you didn't buy any for Mark and I... I guess we will not be able to play :(.... LOL
ReplyDeleteoh! i can fix that! I still need some for me and Ben.. hehehe ;-)
ReplyDelete